WELCOME TO ALL SAINTS!
Welcome and thank you for worshipping with the All Saints’ family today! There is fellowship time after the service on Zoom (see next page for details). We would love to introduce ourselves, greet you, and answer any questions you might have.
We remember at God’s Altar those who are ill or have requested our prayers and those whom we serve in our ministries or who come to us for assistance:
Wendy; Jonathan Matthews and family; Madelyn; Jimmy Hartman; Michael “Rico” Mulvaney; Angela Nieves; Rayhan; Megan; Larry; Alice; Seferina German; Michelle Arhos; Juan Jose Gomez Olvera; Ana Mares; Sue and Gerry Thompson; Rosario de Dios; Khin Swe Myint; Mago; Pazuela Jacobo; Carmen; Anita; Maria Serrano; Tania; Sandra and Jenny Palacios; Alex; Gloria Palacios; Regina Styles; Cindy Morales; Danny Morales; Jannie; Ethan, Mary Lou Clayton; Elida Rodriguez; Charlotte German; Kay Armstrong; Barry Tronstadt; Armando Cortes; Samy del Monte; Lily Vega; Elizabeth Rinnander; Dave Matthews; Lily Lara; Margot Palacios, Kris Kanzler; Lina Moss; Elisa Arauz; Ivan Palacios; Ralph Armstrong; Silvia Jacobo; Ramon Torrez; Joan Erickson; Joyce Yin; Juan Vega; Kailani Gaspar; Karina Gomez; Kurt Coffed; Mrs. Khin; Tha Htin.
Praying for the repose of the soul of Mercedes Lozano and for her family.
Giving thanks to God for the birth of Phoebe!
Praying for those to be ordained or discerning ministry in the church: Cody, Karen.
Praying for all those ill with the novel Coronavirus and for all health professionals working to cure them.
Members of our armed forces, especially those serving overseas:
Seaman Betty Milique; Joseph Lewis; David Weber; Shaun Moler; Jason Lechot; Michael White; Airk Morris; Colin Bourque; Sarah Haggerty; Kyle Nickert; Blair Sannoh; James Louis Sandoval; Victor Sandoval; Adrian Sandoval; John Serrano, Marines; José Serrano, Navy. Roxana Suteu-Furman, National Guard
Our Prayer List is updated each week. Please let us know whom you would like to include on the list. Prayer requests may be put in the offering plate on Sunday. Names will be on the prayer list for one month, unless you request otherwise. Please call to remove names if prayers have been answered. If something comes up during the week and you want someone added or removed, please contact the office by Wednesday at 1pm.
Announcements December 13, 2020
- Welcome to All Saints! Happy Third Sunday of Advent. And thank you to Karen James, preacher today! We are glad you are worshipping with us online today – at https://www.facebook.com/AllSantosOxnard/at 9:15 and 11:15am for Holy Eucharist with prayers for Spiritual Communion. (Children’s time during the 11:15 service today).
- You can also join by Zoom which allows for joining via the phone: Zoom link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76234734293 ; Meeting ID: 762 3473 4293; One tap mobile: +16699006833,,76234734293# or Dial: +1 253 215 8782 with same meeting ID, entering it at the prompts. We will hold the “Zoom coffee hour” after.
- Happy birthday to Donna Rodriguez this week!
- Advent devotionals available from Living Compass- contact Mabel in the office if you need one!
- Advent calendar from Episcopal Church: https://episcopalchurch.org/files/documents/approved_-_advent_2020_calendar_2.pdf. And from the Anglican diocese of the Holy Land: https://afedj.org/resources/advent/. There is also an Advent/Christmas app by the Church of England; Comfort & Joy.
- Miss the booth this year? Shop for African Team Ministries online: This season, we are offering a virtual display, available anytime at the online store: https://africanteamstore.square.site/
- Margot Palacios has Bolivian sweaters, shawls and also rosemary arnica muscle ache oil to sell if you would like to get a unique Christmas gift for someone. Her number is 805-ninezeroone-9959.
- Prayer for use by those digitally present for Spiritual Communion: My Jesus, I believe that you are truly present in the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar. I love you above all things, and long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though you have already come, I embrace you and unite myself entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen. (St. Alphonsus de Liguori, 1696-1787; from Bishop Curry)
- Thank you to all who have participated in our Stewardship Ingathering. We have received 21 pledges from individuals and families so far! We are short by 12 pledges as compared to last year. If you have not had a chance to send yours please do. We have extra copies or you can simply write us your annual or monthly pledge. Send an email or text and we will print the information to be blessed on Sunday. Thank you so much for these gifts of hope for the church!
- THANKS to all who have been giving to the church. What a huge help it is. If you wish to know how much you have given so far this year, contact Treasurer Susan Hernandez at 805-threeonetwo-1547.
- Wednesday Evening Prayer and Bible Study: continues “A Thrill of Hope” this week- contact Pr Melissa to get a book. Join us on Zoom Wednesday at 6pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87002594561 with Meeting ID: 870 0259 4561 or call: +1 669 900 6833 with same Meeting ID and password.
- Cody Beckley invites others to check out this book: https://www.angelicopress.org/theurgy-and-the-soul Theurgy and the Soul for a future book group. Email Cody at cody.beckley at yahoo.com for more information.
- Grief or Depression Groups: Would you benefit from participating in a group around managing grief or depression? Pastor Alene who is also a trained social worker, is offering an opportunity to hold a group in person or online if there is interest. There would be a contribution of 5-20 dollars per session and the group would likely go for 6 weeks. Express interest to Pastor Melissa at revmelissalangdell at gmail.com or via text (number below) so that we can see if we have at least three interested in a group in English or Spanish.
- For Bread of Life: dinner to go Sundays from 3:30pm-5:30pm. Cindy Morales needs help with opening and closing and shopping at Food Share on occasion. Let Cindy Morales know if you would like to volunteer at 805—threetwozero-0997.
- Toy giveaway: we are collecting toys to give away to kids in the community for Christmas! Giveaway will be Sunday 12/20 from 12:30-1:30. Any age. Bring by a toy or two and text or email Pastor Melissa or Mabel in advance to see if they should be brought to their homes or to the church. Thanks!
- Food Pantry is open on Fridays from 12:30-2pm. Let Susan Eveler know if you can volunteer to set up Friday mornings or give out the bags at 805-sixeightnine-8932.
- Christmas Services:
- “Posadas” style story-telling during our 7pm Healing Rosary – before we pray the rosary in Spanish from Sunday 12/20-Wed 12/23
- Lessons & Carols in English 12/24 (Christmas Eve) at 4pm online – readers requested! On Zoom/Facebook
- Misa bilingue de Nochebuena / Bilingual Christmas Eve Online Service – 5:30pm 12/24 on Zoom/Facebook
- Christmas Day – Dia de Navidad 12/25 10am worship – A Global Christmas from Bishop Diane Jardine Bruce-Zoom watch party, broadcast to Facebook.
- Christmas 1 – Sunday 12/27- 10am bilingual worship with Bishop John Harvey Taylor. With Zoom watch party broadcast to Facebook.
- Upcoming in January – CD available of Christmas music by choir- let us know if you want one!
The Rev. Melissa Campbell-Langdell, Rector (cell: 805-eightninezero-3468)
The Rev. Alene Campbell-Langdell, Priest in Residence
The Rev. Crawford Sachs, Deacon, (Ret)
Ted Lucas, Director of Music Karla Lopez, Youth Minister
Cindy Morales, Senior Warden Martin Milique Junior Warden
Rosaelia Ambriz & Susan Hernandez, Treasurers Cody Beckley, Clerk
Additional Vestry Members Carlos Chapman, Cody Beckley, Min Aung, Cindy Morales,
Johanna Fredrics, Lupe Vega, Martin Milique, Ana Serrano, Teresa Olson.
Website: www.allsantos.org All Saints’ Episcopal Church
E-Mail: office at allsantos.org 144 South “C” Street
Sunday Service Times Oxnard, CA 93030
9:15 AM English/11:15 AM Spanish (805) 483-2347
Our Vision and Mission
We are a welcoming, multi-cultural open-minded community that listens to the Spirit.
Is committed to bringing others to Christ and to sharing the bread of life, both physical and eternal, and to helping our neighbor, using the gifts God has given us, in this community, Oxnard, and the world.