WELCOME TO ALL SAINTS!
Welcome and thank you for worshipping with the All Saints’ family today! There is fellowship time after the service on Zoom (see next page for details). We would love to introduce ourselves, greet you, and answer any questions you might have.
We remember at God’s Altar those who are ill or have requested our prayers and those whom we serve in our ministries or who come to us for assistance:
Wendy; Andreas Purcell; Rogelio; Vicki; Melissa Rodriguez and family; Valentín & Julia; Onelio; Janette; Jonathan Matthews and family; Madelyn; Jimmy Hartman; Michael “Rico” Mulvaney; Angela Nieves; Rayhan; Wendy; Megan; Larry; Alice; Michelle Arhos; Juan Jose Gomez Olvera; Ana Mares; Rosario de Dios; Khin Swe Myint; Mago; Pazuela Jacobo; Carmen; Anita; Maria Serrano; Tania; Sandra and Jen Palacios; Alex; Gloria Palacios; Regina Styles; Cindy Morales; Danny Morales; Jannie; Ethan, Mary Lou Clayton; Elida Rodriguez; Charlotte German; Kay Armstrong; Barry Tronstadt; Armando Cortes; Samy del Monte; Lily Vega; Elizabeth Rinnander; Dave Matthews; Lily Lara; Margot Palacios, Kris Kanzler; Lina Moss; Elisa Arauz; Ivan Palacios; Ralph Armstrong; Silvia Jacobo; Ramon Torrez; Joan Erickson; Joyce Yin; Juan Vega; Kailani Gaspar; Karina Gomez; Kurt Coffed; Mrs. Khin; Tha Htin.
Praying for the repose of the soul of Mercedes Lozano and for her family.
Praying for those to be ordained or discerning ministry in the church: Cody, Karen.
Praying for all those ill with the novel Coronavirus and for all health professionals working to cure them.
Members of our armed forces, especially those serving overseas:
Seaman Betty Milique; Joseph Lewis; David Weber; Shaun Moler; Jason Lechot; Michael White; Airk Morris; Colin Bourque; Sarah Haggerty; Kyle Nickert; Blair Sannoh; James Louis Sandoval; Victor Sandoval; Adrian Sandoval; John Serrano, Marines; José Serrano, Navy. Roxana Suteu-Furman, National Guard
Our Prayer List is updated each week. Please let us know whom you would like to include on the list. Prayer requests may be put in the offering plate on Sunday. Names will be on the prayer list for one month, unless you request otherwise. Please call to remove names if prayers have been answered. If something comes up during the week and you want someone added or removed, please contact the office by Wednesday at 1pm.
Announcements December 20, 2020
- Welcome to All Saints! Happy Fourth Sunday of Advent. We are glad you are worshipping with us online today – at https://www.facebook.com/AllSantosOxnard/at 9:15 and 11:15am for Holy Eucharist with prayers for Spiritual Communion. (Children’s time during the 11:15 service today).
- You can also join by Zoom which allows for joining via the phone: Zoom link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76234734293 ; Meeting ID: 762 3473 4293; One tap mobile: +16699006833,,76234734293# or Dial: +1 253 215 8782 with same meeting ID, entering it at the prompts. We will hold the “Zoom coffee hour” after.
- TOY distribution today at church from 12:30-1:30pm in parking lot: we invite all children and families to come, masked for a drive past toy distribution! Merry Christmas!
- Happy birthday to Adilene White and Happy anniversary to Danny and Cindy Morales this week!
- Prayer for use by those digitally present for Spiritual Communion: My Jesus, I believe that you are truly present in the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar. I love you above all things, and long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though you have already come, I embrace you and unite myself entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen. (St. Alphonsus de Liguori, 1696-1787; from Bishop Curry)
- THANKS to all who have been giving to the church. What a huge help it is. If you wish to know how much you have given so far this year, contact Treasurer Susan Hernandez at 805-threeonetwo-1547.
- Christmas Services THIS WEEK:
- Sunday 12/20 to Wednesday 12/23 at 7pm: Healing Rosary in Spanish with Storytelling “Posadas” for the kids: Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/151793099?pwd=eTR4WE5EYW1kSG55djZ4clhKclF4dz09; Meeting ID: 151 793 099 with Passcode: 372097 or call 1 669 900 6833 with same Meeting ID and passcode. (Just on Zoom)
- Blue Christmas: Wednesday 12/23 at 4:30pm: Join Zoom meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87002594561, Meeting ID: 870 0259 4561 or dial: 1 669 900 6833 with same Meeting ID number. (Service for those struggling at this time or just to meditate on the different feelings of this time- Just on Zoom.)
- Christmas Eve Lessons and Carols (English): 12/24 at 4pm: Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/76234734293, Meeting ID: 762 3473 4293 or call 1 669 900 6833 with same meeting ID (Will also be broadcast to our Facebook page)
- Misa bilingüe de Nochebuena/ Bilingual Christmas Eve Service: 12/24 at 5:30pm with alternative pageant: Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/74770231005, Meeting ID: 747 7023 1005 or call: 1 669 900 6833 with same Meeting ID. (Will be broadcast to Facebook.)
- Christmas Day: Bilingual Global Christmas with Bishop Diane Jardine Bruce 12/25 at 10am, Zoom watch party at: Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/76234734293, Meeting ID: 762 3473 4293 or call 1 669 900 6833 with same meeting ID (Will also be broadcast to Diocesan Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ladiocese)
- Christmas 1: 12/27 at 10am First Sunday after Christmas: Worship with Bishop John Harvey Taylor (Bilingual) Zoom watch party at: Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/76234734293, Meeting ID: 762 3473 4293 or call 1 669 900 6833 with same meeting ID (Will also be broadcast to Diocesan Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ladiocese)
- Upcoming in January – CD available of Christmas music by choir- let us know if you want one!
- Grief or Depression Groups: Would you benefit from participating in a group around managing grief or depression? Pastor Alene who is also a trained social worker, is offering an opportunity to hold a group in person or online if there is interest. There would be a contribution of 5-20 dollars per session and the group would likely go for 6 weeks. Express interest to Pastor Melissa at revmelissalangdell at gmail.com or via text (number below) so that we can see if we have at least three interested in a group in English or Spanish.
- For Bread of Life: dinner to go Sundays from 3:30pm-5:30pm. Cindy Morales needs help with opening and closing and shopping at Food Share on occasion. Let Cindy Morales know if you would like to volunteer at 805—threetwozero-0997.
- Toy giveaway: Thanks to all who contributed toys for the kids and also to those who put together bags for the homeless! You are a blessing!
- Food Pantry is open on Fridays from 12:30-2pm. Let Susan Eveler know if you can volunteer to set up Friday mornings or give out the bags at 805-sixeightnine-8932.
The Rev. Melissa Campbell-Langdell, Rector (cell: 805-eightninezero-3468)
The Rev. Alene Campbell-Langdell, Priest in Residence
The Rev. Crawford Sachs, Deacon, (Ret)
Ted Lucas, Director of Music Karla Lopez, Youth Minister
Cindy Morales, Senior Warden Martin Milique Junior Warden
Rosaelia Ambriz & Susan Hernandez, Treasurers Cody Beckley, Clerk
Additional Vestry Members Carlos Chapman, Cody Beckley, Min Aung, Cindy Morales,
Johanna Fredrics, Lupe Vega, Martin Milique, Ana Serrano, Teresa Olson.
Website: www.allsantos.org All Saints’ Episcopal Church
E-Mail: office at allsantos.org 144 South “C” Street
Sunday Service Times Oxnard, CA 93030
9:15 AM English/11:15 AM Spanish (805) 483-2347
Our Vision and Mission
We are a welcoming, multi-cultural open-minded community that listens to the Spirit.
Is committed to bringing others to Christ and to sharing the bread of life, both physical and eternal, and to helping our neighbor, using the gifts God has given us, in this community, Oxnard, and the world.