WELCOME TO ALL SAINTS!
Welcome and thank you for worshipping with the All Saints’ family today! There is fellowship time after the service on Zoom (see next page for details). We would love to introduce ourselves, greet you, and answer any questions you might have.
We remember at God’s Altar those who are ill or have requested our prayers and those whom we serve in our ministries or who come to us for assistance:
Willow; Carlos Chapman; Henry; Cheri Langdell; Reid Ripley; Connie Carlson; Judith Lebens; Joan Erickson; Mery; Sandra Rivera; Victor Rivera; Magda; Charlotte German; Hugo Perez Jr; Andreas Purcell; Vicki; Onelio; Madelyn; Jimmy Hartman; Larry; Alice; Michelle Arhos; Juan Jose Gomez Olvera; Rosario de Dios; Khin Swe Myint; Mago; Pazuela Jacobo; Anita; Maria Serrano; Gloria Palacios; Regina Styles; Cindy Morales; Danny Morales; Ethan, Mary Lou Clayton; Elida Rodriguez; Kay Armstrong; Barry Tronstadt; Armando Cortes; Samy del Monte; Lily Vega; Elizabeth Rinnander; Dave Matthews; Lily Lara; Kris Kanzler; Lina Moss; Elisa Arauz; Ivan Palacios; Ralph Armstrong; Silvia Jacobo; Ramon Torrez; Joyce Yin; Juan Vega; Kailani Gaspar; Karina Gomez; Kurt Coffed; Mrs. Khin; Tha Htin.
Praying for the repose of the souls of John, Elizabeth Clayton-Bennett’s uncle, Ramiro (from Bolivia), and for their families.
We give thanks for the pregnancies of Karina Moreno and Ana Serrano and pray for their babies and them to remain healthy during their pregnancies.
Praying for those to be ordained or discerning ministry in the church: Cody, Karen.
Praying for all those ill with the novel Coronavirus and for all health professionals and chaplains working to cure them.
We pray for the people of Burma.
Members of our armed forces, especially those serving overseas:
Seaman Betty Milique; Joseph Lewis; David Weber; Shaun Moler; Jason Lechot; Michael White; Airk Morris; Colin Bourque; Sarah Haggerty; Kyle Nickert; Blair Sannoh; James Louis Sandoval; Victor Sandoval; Adrian Sandoval; John Serrano, Marines; José Serrano, Navy. Roxana Suteu-Furman, National Guard
Our Prayer List is updated each week. Please let us know whom you would like to include on the list. Prayer requests may be put in the offering plate on Sunday. Names will be on the prayer list for one month, unless you request otherwise. Please call to remove names if prayers have been answered. If something comes up during the week and you want someone added or removed, please contact the office by Wednesday at 1pm.
Announcements March 14, 2021
- Welcome to All Saints! Blessed Fourth Sunday of Lent! We are glad you are worshipping with us online today – at https://www.facebook.com/AllSantosOxnard/at 9:15 and 11:15am for Holy Eucharist with prayers for Spiritual Communion. (Children’s time during the 11:15 service today). Please note today we have the time change/ Spring Forward.
- You can also join by Zoom which allows for joining via the phone: Zoom link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76234734293 ; Meeting ID: 762 3473 4293; One tap mobile: +16699006833,,76234734293# or Dial: +1 253 215 8782 with same meeting ID, entering it at the prompts. We will hold the “Zoom coffee hour” after.
- Wednesday Evening Prayer is replaced by Lenten Caravan during Lent. Wednesday 3/3 Virtual Worship with the Lenten Caravan hosted by the First Methodist Church of Ventura at 6:30pm: Zoom ID: 222 738 6095, or call (669) 900-9128 + Meeting ID.
- Happy birthday to Sharon Matthews this week!
- Prayer for use by those digitally present for Spiritual Communion: My Jesus, I believe that you are truly present in the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar. I love you above all things, and long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though you have already come, I embrace you and unite myself entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen. (St. Alphonsus de Liguori, 1696-1787; from Bishop Curry)
- Youth Group: on Fridays at 5pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84403272520?pwd=UWwwRmFSSzJpZkp3N2xWMzFiUmwyQT09 Meeting ID: 844 0327 2520 Passcode: youth
- Lent Resources:
- Our Sunday “Lenten Series” during Zoom coffee hour will be based on Presiding Bishop Michael Curry’s book Love is the Way and Karen James will lead us through a discussion of these videos: https://diocesela.org/one-in-the-spirit/.
- Helping to Secure Covid19 Vaccinations: Please go to the portal: Appointments are opened each Monday at about 700 to 730 https://www.venturacountyrecovers.org/vaccine-information/portal/ The County of Ventura has begun vaccinating teachers and child care providers, first responders and food and agricultural workers who are eligible under the State's Phase 1B as supply allows.
- Liturgical Coloring Book: if you like to color, let Pastor Melissa know at firstname.lastname@example.org or via text below if you want a copy of a liturgical coloring book from Sacred Ordinary Days. We are printing out copies at the church.
- Host Family sought for exchange student from Spain: Our non-profit agency is looking for volunteer host families for our high school exchange students who will be coming to the US next school year (August/September of 2021). Students will stay for one school year, and then go back to their home countries. They come to the US on a J-1 visa through the US Department of State on a cultural exchange program. From Jessica at AnB Education (we do not know this organization but passing along this resource in case of interest). For more information, contact Jessica at: email@example.com.
- Illuminations: is an aid for lectors created by the Living Church. Each week it gives a background on the text and some tips. If you are interested you can subscribe at this link: https://livingchurch.org/illuminations/ or if we have enough interest perhaps we will get a subscription to share via email to the lector of the week.
The Rev. Melissa Campbell-Langdell, Rector (cell: 805-eightninezero-3468)
The Rev. Alene Campbell-Langdell, Priest in Residence
The Rev. Crawford Sachs, Deacon, (Ret) Karen James, DDY Intern
Ted Lucas, Director of Music Karla Lopez, Youth Minister
Teresa Olson, Senior Warden Carlos Chapman, Junior Warden
Rosaelia Ambriz & Susan Hernandez, Treasurers Cody Beckley, Clerk
Additional Vestry Members Carlos Chapman, Cody Beckley, Min Aung, Cindy Morales,
Ana Serrano, Elizabeth Clayton-Bennett, Margot Palacios, Celia Jacobo.
Website: www.allsantos.org All Saints’ Episcopal Church
E-Mail: office at allsantos.org 144 South “C” Street
Sunday Service Times Oxnard, CA 93030
9:15 AM English/11:15 AM Spanish (805) 483-2347
Our Vision and Mission
We are a welcoming, multi-cultural open-minded community that listens to the Spirit.
Is committed to bringing others to Christ and to sharing the bread of life, both physical and eternal, and to helping our neighbor, using the gifts God has given us, in this community, Oxnard, and the world.