WELCOME TO ALL SAINTS!
Welcome and thank you for worshipping with the All Saints’ family today! We would love to introduce ourselves, greet you, and answer any questions you might have.
We remember at God’s Altar those who are ill or have requested our prayers and those whom we serve in our ministries or who come to us for assistance:
Marina Palacios; Heather; Larry Goetschel; Diane Williams; Zuleika; Fatima; Veronica Alcazar: Betty Laguna; Acela; Sharon Matthews; John Fuller; Jose Reyes; Margie Brown; Edith Alcocer; Ana Maria Torrico; Cheri Langdell; Reid Ripley; Connie Carlson; Joan Erickson; Sandra Rivera; Victor Rivera; Magda; Charlotte German; Hugo Perez Jr; Andreas Purcell; Vicki; Madelyn; Alice; Michelle Arhos; Juan Jose Gomez Olvera; Rosario de Dios; Khin Swe Myint; Mago; Pazuela Jacobo; Anita; Maria Serrano; Gloria Palacios; Regina Styles; Ethan, Elida Rodriguez; Barry Tronstadt; Armando Cortes; Samy del Monte; Lily Vega; Elizabeth Rinnander; Lily Lara; Kris Kanzler; Lina Moss; Elisa Arauz; Ivan Palacios; Ralph & Kay Armstrong; Silvia Jacobo; Ramon Torrez; Joyce Yin; Juan Vega; Kailani Gaspar; Karina Gomez; Kurt Coffed; Mrs. Khin; Tha Htin.
Praying for those to be ordained or discerning ministry in the church: Cody, Karen.
Praying for all those ill with the novel Coronavirus and for all health professionals and chaplains working to cure them.
We pray for the people of Burma.
Members of our armed forces, especially those serving overseas:
Seaman Betty Milique; Joseph Lewis; David Weber; Shaun Moler; Jason Lechot; Michael White; Airk Morris; Colin Bourque; Kyle Nickert; James Louis Sandoval; Victor Sandoval; Adrian Sandoval; John Serrano, Marines; José Serrano, Navy. Roxana Suteu-Furman, National Guard; Dakota Lasley.
Our Prayer List is updated each week. Please let us know whom you would like to include on the list. Prayer requests may be put in the offering plate on Sunday. Names will be on the prayer list for one month, unless you request otherwise. Please call to remove names if prayers have been answered. If something comes up during the week and you want someone added or removed, please contact the office by Wednesday at 1pm.
Announcements May 9. 2021
- Welcome to All Saints! Happy Easter 6 and Mother’s Day to Mothers and maternal figures in our midst! We are glad you are worshipping with us in our patio or online today – online at https://www.facebook.com/AllSantosOxnard/at 9:15 and 11:15am for Holy Eucharist with prayers for Spiritual Communion. (Children’s time during the 11:15 service today). If in person, please wear a mask, practice distancing outside of household groups and stay home if you feel unwell.
- Prayer for use by those digitally present for Spiritual Communion: My Jesus, I believe that you are truly present in the Blessed Sacrament of the Altar. I love you above all things, and long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though you have already come, I embrace you and unite myself entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen. (St. Alphonsus de Liguori, 1696-1787; from Bishop Curry)
- Today is our scheduled Bread of Life dinner at 4pm.
- Happy birthday to Jorge Moreno this week on 5/10!
- Worship SCHEDULE:
- Wednesday Evening Prayer this week: at 4:30pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87002594561, Meeting ID: 870 0259 4561 or dial: 1 669 900 6833 with same Meeting ID number. Topic: Lamenting Racism Section 6. Read: Lamentations 5.
- Youth Group is Fridays at 5pm on the patio! Please wear your mask and distance. We look forward to seeing any youth 11-17 who wish to join! Please do not attend if you feel unwell.
- Save the Date: 5/15 4:30-6pm Called to the Wall pilgrimage to the border online- link to be provided next week. We use the stations of the cross to proceed to the border with Mexico and fellowship with our siblings in Christ across the border. With Bishop Diane J. Bruce.
- Ventura County Recovers: https://www.venturacountyrecovers.org/ has information on vaccine eligibility and to book appointments, small business and rental relief. There are a lot of funds for rental assistance for Oxnard residents if you know someone you can use it.
- Resource from United Parents: We have been selected by the State of California and FEMA to provide free mental health counseling support to anyone impacted by COVID 19 as part of the CalHOPE.org initiative. As you know, many people have been suffering from mental health issues as a result of the pandemic. Our mission is to assist individuals, families, and communities recovering from the effects of COVID-19. To do this, we provide virtual emotional, and crisis support sessions to individuals for up to six “visits” by phone, videoconference, smart device, or computer chat. These sessions will include individual, family, and/or group sessions. In the meantime, if you encounter anyone in need of free help, please provide them with the following information: Call a Crisis Counselor @ 888.384.1120 or to chat, visit calhopeconnect.org
- App: The Second Breath app has hundreds of guided spiritual practices that focus on heart, mind, and body, plus inspiring audio reflections, monthly series, and a daily centering to help you make spiritual practice a habit. There is a lot of free content and additional premium perks are available at less than $5/month for annual subscription. On Google Play store and Apple Store.
The Rev. Melissa Campbell-Langdell, Rector (cell: 805-eightninezero-3468)
The Rev. Alene Campbell-Langdell, Priest in Residence
The Rev. Crawford Sachs, Deacon, (Ret) Karen James, DDY Intern
Ted Lucas, Director of Music Karla Lopez, Youth Minister
Teresa Olson, Senior Warden Carlos Chapman, Junior Warden
Rosaelia Ambriz & Susan Hernandez, Treasurers Cody Beckley, Clerk
Additional Vestry Members Carlos Chapman, Cody Beckley, Min Aung, Cindy Morales,
Ana Serrano, Elizabeth Clayton-Bennett, Margot Palacios, Celia Jacobo.
Website: www.allsantos.org All Saints’ Episcopal Church
E-Mail: office at allsantos.org 144 South “C” Street
Sunday Service Times Oxnard, CA 93030
9:15 AM English/11:15 AM Spanish (805) 483-2347
Our Vision and Mission
We are a welcoming, multi-cultural open-minded community that listens to the Spirit.
Is committed to bringing others to Christ and to sharing the bread of life, both physical and eternal, and to helping our neighbor, using the gifts God has given us, in this community, Oxnard, and the world.