WELCOME TO ALL SAINTS!
Welcome and thank you for worshipping with the All Saints’ family today! There is fellowship time after the service on Zoom (see next page for details). We would love to introduce ourselves, greet you, and answer any questions you might have.
We remember at God’s Altar those who are ill or have requested our prayers and those whom we serve in our ministries or who come to us for assistance:
Laurie; Beverly; Ericka Gutierrz; Viviana Campos; Marisol; Regina Styles; Min Aung; Danny Morales; Teresa de Dios; Angelica Medina; Sr. Vega; Ollie; Ethan, Mary Lou Clayton; Elida Rodriguez; Ziclali Reyes; Julio Barranco; Charlotte German; Campos and Mendez families; Kay Armstrong; Barry Tronstadt; Armando Cortes; Siles Family; Silvia Soria; Yovanka Endara; Samy y Zeus del Monte; Lily Vega; Elizabeth Rinnander; Ben; Roseanne; Jarrett; Chris; Tara; Dave Matthews; Lily Lara; Laurette Brown; Margot Palacios, Kris Kanzler; Laura Anchondo; Lina; Elisa Arauz; Gloria Palacios; Ivan Palacios; Joyce Jones, Ralph Armstrong; Silvia Jacobo; Ramon Torrez; Joan Erickson; Joyce Yin; Juan Vega; Kailani Gaspar; Kelly Maple; Karina Gomez; Kurt Coffed; Mrs. Khin; Tha Htin.
Praying for the repose of the souls of
Dick Sherman; Stephanie Avalos; Lourdes Camacho, Romy Cartagena, Santiago Cordero Rodriguez, Alicia Mares and Miguel Vega and for their families.
Praying for those to be ordained or discerning ministry in the church: Cody.
Praying for all those ill with the novel Coronavirus and for all health professionals working to cure them.
Members of our armed forces, especially those serving overseas:
Seaman Betty Milique; Joseph Lewis; David Weber; Shaun Moler; Jason Lechot; Michael White; Airk Morris; Colin Bourque; Sarah Haggerty; Kyle Nickert; Blair Sannoh; James Louis Sandoval; Victor Sandoval; Adrian Sandoval; John Serrano, Marines; José Serrano, Navy. Roxana Suteu-Furman, National Guard
Our Prayer List is updated each week. Please let us know whom you would like to include on the list. Prayer requests may be put in the offering plate on Sunday. Names will be on the prayer list for one month, unless you request otherwise. Please call to remove names if prayers have been answered. If something comes up during the week and you want someone added or removed, please contact the office by Wednesday at 1pm.
Lay Eucharistic Minister
Online – we look forward to worshipping in person and online Sept 13!
Announcements September 6, 2020
- Welcome to All Saints! Happy Sunday. We are glad you are worshipping with us online today – at https://www.facebook.com/AllSantosOxnard/at 9:15 and 11:15am for Holy Eucharist with prayers for Spiritual Communion. You can also join by Zoom which allows for joining via the phone: Zoom link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/76234734293 ; Meeting ID: 762 3473 4293; One tap mobile: +16699006833,,76234734293# or Dial: +1 253 215 8782 with same meeting ID, entering it at the prompts. We will hold the “Zoom coffee hour” after.
One tap mobile: +16699009128,,98526311219# or Dial: +1 253 215 8782 with same meeting ID, entering it at the prompts.
- Re-entry: we are hoping to begin outdoor worship NEXT SUNDAY September 13th in English and Spanish with cleaning between and distancing if the virus rate is not too high beforehand. If you plan to attend, please make sure you do not have any COVID-19 related symptoms, including cough, fever or sore throat. Bring your mask and your own folding chair or blanket. We will sit at a 6 ft distance in the patio area and will give preference to families with kids in the grassy area. We will sanitize between services at 9:15 and 11:15 and have a Zoom virtual lunch hour together at 1pm.
- On Sept 13 we welcome Karen James! Here is a bit about Karen: I want to introduce myself a little, as we get to know each other over the coming year. My name is Karen James and I am joining this faith community as part of my Diocesan Discernment Year. Originally from the UK, my family and I lived in Italy for almost 9 years. until moving to the USA,15 years ago. I have been married to my husband Chris for 31 years and we have two adult daughters, Helen who lives in London and Alice who lives in New York. I have been a teacher all my adult life and am presently the Director of a preschool in Westlake Village, and until starting my Diocesan Discernment Year here at All Saints, I was also the Director of Formation at The Church of the Epiphany in Oak Park. I have always been involved in ministry as a lay person, whether with Sunday School or Outreach and in the last 5 years my sense of call has become stronger and I am excited to explore this call further with you all here at Los Santos. Thank you for welcoming me into your community.
- Weekday “communion to go” and brief prayer time in the church. We are offering individual opportunities to come to church mid-week to briefly receive Holy Communion with a flyer for personal prayer in our patio and to spend time in the church praying for a brief time. Pastor Melissa will set up one slot per weekday when she is at church as needed to ensure safety for all and asks that you arrive masked and practice social distancing. Call Pastor Melissa in advance to set up an appointment if you would like to do this: 805-890-3468 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Clay in the Potter’s Hands book launch: to be a part of the virtual launch team, email Godisnotdaunted@gmail.com! (This is the book we helped translate a few years ago!)
- "Trauma & (Un)Truths" is a series of webinars examining systems of oppression in church and society, presented by New Community, the Diocese of Los Angeles' multicultural ministry, and Bishop Suffragan Diane M. Jardine Bruce. Saturday, Sept. 26, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. Doctrine of Discovery, register here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYvf-Ghpj0jHNccnJwazzJPus_4QyJyo7fW
- THANKS to all who have been giving to the church. What a huge help it is. If you wish to give to the church, please mail it to: 144 S C St, Oxnard CA 93030. Or you can give via Givelify: (link: https://giv.li/ex8o1a) for mobile/online giving. Consider sending a check just once a month if you are not already. Thank you for your support!
- Two leather recliners available to a good home: on offer by some generous parishioners (thank you!) – contact Pastor Melissa to get connected/for more information.
- Wednesday Evening Prayer and Bible Study: Covering Numbers 1-9. Join us on Zoom Wednesday at 6pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87002594561 with Meeting ID: 870 0259 4561 or call: +1 669 900 6833 with same Meeting ID and password.
- Our Sunday Bread of Life is operating Sundays from 3:30pm-5:30pm with a limited number of volunteers practicing “social distancing”.
- Food Pantry is open on Fridays from 12:30-1:30pm.
The Rev. Melissa Campbell-Langdell, Rector (cell: 805-890-3468)
The Rev. Alene Campbell-Langdell, Priest in Residence
The Rev. Crawford Sachs, Deacon, (Ret)
Ted Lucas, Director of Music Karla Lopez, Youth Minister
Cindy Morales, Senior Warden Martin Milique Junior Warden
Rosaelia Ambriz & Susan Hernandez, Treasurers Cody Beckley, Clerk
Additional Vestry Members Carlos Chapman, Cody Beckley, Min Aung, Cindy Morales,
Johanna Fredrics, Lupe Vega, Martin Milique, Ana Serrano, Teresa Olson.
Website: www.allsantos.org All Saints’ Episcopal Church
E-Mail: email@example.com 144 South “C” Street
Sunday Service Times Oxnard, CA 93030
9:15 AM English/11:15 AM Spanish (805) 483-2347